Apples drizzled with almond butter, cacao nibs, raw chocolate sauce and cinnamon, topped with a ‘Moo Free Bunnycomb’ vegan honeycomb chocolate bar. This is served with a raw, vegan, vanilla fudge caramel sauce made with Medjool dates.
Have I got your attention?
GOOD, because this stuff will knock your socks off. The fudge caramel sauce is creamy, gooey, sweet and vanilla-y and oh so rich and heavenly, and it goes perfectly with the super dark chocolate sauce. Although chocolate goes with everything fruity and if you say any different then you are wrong!
If you are avoiding traditional chocolate because of the dairy, then you need to find yourself some Moo Free bars, pronto, and then you need to hide them from yourself to refrain from eating one after another on the trot like I do. Or don’t, because honestly these things are highly addictive.
Just look at that, delicious chocolate topped with a ton of crunchy honeycomb. If that’s doesn’t make you want to do a little happy dance then dammit I don’t know what will?!
Raw, Vegan Vanilla Fudge Caramel Sauce
- • 1.5 cups (270g)(packed) Medjool dates (I used about 6)
- • 1tbsp melted coconut oil
- • Quarter teaspoon of sea salt/ Himalayan salt
- • 1tsp lime/lemon juice
- • 0.5tsp vanilla bean paste OR 1tsp vanilla extract
- • 60ml (approx) of vanilla soy milk
- Firstly, soak the dates for about 1 hour so they will blend easily.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and mix until you have a smooth, creamy sauce.You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender to make sure everything is combined.